Type: Digital and traditional photography
Special Award Category:
- Veolia Environnement Young Wildlife Photographer of the Year
Three age categories:
- 10 years and under
- 11-14 years
- 15-17 years
Deadline: March 18, 2011
Eligibility: International, 10 years and under; 11-14 years; and 15-17 years, age requirements on closing date not entry date
Photo eligibility: Up to ten images of nature including wildlife, plants and fungi, landscapes, man's impact on the environment (both positive and negative) are eligible
Entry Fee: None
- Overall title winner £500
- A day's tailored masterclass with a leading nature photographer.
- Each young category winner £250
- Each young category runner-up £100
- Exposure to more than 2.5 million people in an exhibition at the Natural History Museum, London, which also tours over 70 cities worldwide
- Publication of winning images in BBC Wildlife Magazine
- Publication of winning images in a commemorative hardback book
- Digital files: from digital camera or scans of transparencies and negatives
- Initial entry: JPEGs, saved at a high quality level (eg 10 in Photoshop), Adobe RGB 98, and must be 1920 pixels on the longest dimension.
- Finalists will be requested to supply: RAW files (e.g. *.NEF, *.CR2, *.CRW) or original JPEGs (ie JPEG as captured in the camera, before any digital adjustments are made) or original transparencies or negatives and high resolution images, preferably TIFF, suitable for printing in all media and for inclusion in the Exhibition should their image be successful. This should be 8-bit, Adobe RGB 98 at 300dpi. Images within the Exhibition will be printed to an approximate minimum of 920mms along their longest dimension.
Electronic Submission: Yes, electronic only with registration and receipt of unique entry code
USPS Submission: No
Description: Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year is in its 47th year and one of the most prestigious competitions of its kind. It attracts entries from professional and amateur photographers of all ages worldwide. The competition seeks to promote the discovery, understanding, responsibility and enjoyment of the natural world. Opening date for submissions is announced on the web site each year and was January 14th for 2011. There are significant differences between the adult and youth competitions. Be sure to read relevant information on their website carefully.
Additional Info: The Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition is owned by the Natural History Museum and BBC Wildlife Magazine.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades